Monday, September 1, 2008

The Happy News Vol. 3 Issue 6

FallDecor Featured in C-19

Let's Play in the Dirt

I've always liked to play in the dirt. I think it was the one thing I consistently got in trouble for when I was a little kid. My mom started out with some funny ideas about raising kids... an me being the firstborn bore the brunt of some of those ideas. One was that kids were supposed to stay clean!! I've had relatives tell me that she would change my clothes 3 or 4 times a day so that I would always be clean! That pretty much ended after I turned 3 and my sister Marsha was born. Living on a farm it was pretty hard to keep anything clean let along moving targets like kids, housepets and husbands!!! But mom spent a lot of time and energy trying to keep everyone and everything clean. I'm not saying this is a bad think I'm just saying that I just can't get that worked up about it! One of my favorite places to play in the dirt was under the lilac and/or mock orange bushes that grew in our yard. These bushes had big overhanging branches and nothing grew under their shade. It was a cool and quiet place to dig in the dirt, fill things with dirt, sift dirt between you toes and make roads and rivers in the dirt. Mom also said that you would "get worms" from playing in the dirt. But I think that's from eating dirt which I don't think I ever did.(at least not on purpose) Well, what do you know.....in the August 14-20, 2008 issue of The Reader I spot a piece in Michael Braunstein's "Bits and Pieces" column called "The Dirt on Happiness". It seems scientists have found a harmless soil bacteria that seems to relieve depression and increases happiness. Apparently there is a mechanism that triggers serotonin, a brain chemical that makes you feel good. Exposure to this bacteria in early childhood is strengthens the immune system and reduces the chances of adult onset asthma and allergies. So this is one time I'm glad I did't listen to my Mother. After my sisters were born, I took them out to my favorite dirt digging places and we all dug around in the dirt! Mom gave up on trying to keep us out of it. I still play in the dirt! Isn't that what gardening is?

Happy Heroes:
"i love dirt!" 52 Activities to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature" by Jennifer Ward---get the family away from T.V. and breathe in some good bacteria from natures own dirt!

Organic Gardening Magazine: www.organicgardening.com Gardening for rainy days or any day that you can't go out and play in the dirt.

An inspirational message:
http://mk1.simpletruths.com/t/6502250/14062919/20620/0/

August/Sept Calendar

August 30th Lee's FacePainting at Holy Family Church in C. Bluffs

September 5th & 6th Once Again Kid's Closet Consignment Sale in C. Bluffs – Avon will be a Vendor and Lee is FacePainting

Sept 7th Happiness Club MeetUp at Border's at

Dodge & 72nd Street 4 pm.

Sept 9th Entrepreneur MeetUp 3 pm.

C-19 Orders Due September 10th by 10 p.m.

C-20 Orders Due September 24th by 10 p.m.



C-19 Great Deals

Jimmy Scare Crow Door Greeter Pg. 1

Magix Face Perfector pg. 26-27 – Getting Raves “I don't know what's in it but it is fabulous!” “I've stopped wearing my foundation! This is really great stuff.”

$.99 Brow liner or 3-in-1 Sharpener with mascara or the line & shadow pencil pg32-33

Anew Youth-Awakening Lipstick pg.66-67

Rich Moisture is back pg.82

Buy 1 get 1 $1.99 pgs 84-89 My fav. Ageless Results Nightly Nutrient Peel pg 87

Semiprecious Hoop Earrings pg 96

Beaded Hoop Earring 3 pr $7.99 pg 100

Buy a Necklace get free earring pg.104

Men's Sports Watches pg. 108-109 “Go Steelers!”

Adventurine Leaf Jewelry pg 113

Textured Knit Cardigan pg. 123

BlackBoard Storage Cubes pg. 137

SpaFinder Back Massager pg. 148

Ghost Gift Bag only $2.99 with purchase pgs. 150-179

Advanced Techniques pg 178-79


C-20 Sneak Peak

Mistake Proof Mascara

What's Fab for Fall

Sincerely Sarah by Sarah Ferguson

More Halloween

Men's Classics from Hanes

Detox Patches

New Naturals: Plum and Nectarine with the coolest little tote1



Product Reviews

Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System tested by Lee Mahl. “It works as advertised.” Lee said after using it for a little over a week. “I really like it! You face doesn't get oily throughout the day even with makeup.” The red angry pimples are drying up and going away in a hurry. So if you know anyone having skin problems try Avon's new Acne Treatment System. “Clearer Skin in 3 days” and a huge boost to the self-esteem. Only $29.99 What a deal!

Pg. 90-93 in C-19 brochure!

Promotions

Fund Raisers Let Me Show You How to Raise $1000 for your organization, group or cause.

Avon Helpers Wanted: Earn Cash,Products or Prizes!!! E-mail: be_an_avonlady@cox.net

Free Business Training for Ambitious Young Women ages 18-25. Go to http://jmahl.mymarkstore.com. Then call (712) 256-2633

Visit my blog at http://21stcenturyavonlady.blogspot.com


Place your order thru my website:

www.youravon.com/jmahl

Select “Personal Delivery”

Get a free gift!


Meet MARK: http://jmahl.mymarkstore.com


Anyone interested in improving their health call me for some important information: (712) 256-2633









No comments: